The Philosophy Society at the University of Edinburgh is calling for submissions to its journal. The next edition will be published in September 2014. Articles, book-reviews, interviews, commentaries and translations written by undergraduates are welcome. Any piece considered for publication must:
- Meet the requirements of good academic practice
- Be of interest and relevance to the lay-reader
- Display original ideas
- Develop ideas in a clear and concise manner.
For examples of the expected quality and content, a copy of the 2012 journal can be found further below. The deadline for submissions to the September 2014 edition has passed. Entries arriving at a later point will be automatically considered for publication in the subsequent edition. Authors will remain anonymous during the proofreading process by Senior faculty and students. Successful pieces may be returned for corrections.
Please make sure that your submission meets the following formal requirements:
- The submission should be between 2000-5000 words
- All pieces should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com in any mainstream file format (.pdf, .odt, .doc, etc.)
- See here for further guidelines on referencing, logical notation, etc.
Issue 1: Winter 2012 (Link)
Issue 2: Autumn 2014 (in progress)